Saturday, November 10, 2018

Working On The Newest Quilt


Some questions from the last post about the Swamp Tour.

We really didn't have problems with the mosquitos.  The boat was like a party barge and went very slowly through the swamp, so if the mosquitos were there, they would have been biting.

There is no alligator control, but the hunters purchase tags like they do with elk or moose in other states.  Nuisance gators are killed by authorities, or some Cajun guy with a gun who has to explain why the gator was bothering him.

And yes, it is on a lot of menus!  I don't eat it but I don't eat fish either.  Frank does.

I remember being able to buy alligators at stores in New Orleans where I grew up.  My grandfather brought one home, and I remember seeing it.  Didn't like it then either.

Alligators are not as much a problem as they are in South Florida, where if you have water you have a gator in it.  But they are here in the swamps.  We see one occasionally in the Lakes around LSU and the State Capitol but they are moved out because of the danger to people and pets.

Other than that, we don't really think about them much.

We have been so busy since Frank retired.

Now that the LSU classes are over we thought we would have some time to breathe, then came the car accident.  Now my CRV is at the shop, the girl who hit is won't call her insurance company back, but that is their problem.  They called us for a statement yesterday.  I checked in with our insurance and they said there was no doubt that she was at fault and they were proceeding as such.

But now I have no car to drive for 3-4 weeks.  So I will either have to double up on trips with Frank or sit at home a lot by myself.


McGee is happy about that staying home part...….




Frank had told Sawyer he would take him wagon riding today so we headed over to Carrie's house. She gave me some of her lettuce babies that she was thinning from her garden.  Her garden is looking beautiful.  So many tomatoes!

This is my garden with the new babies replanted.  Hopefully they grow well.  I want some lettuce








New quilt!  Yep, started a new one this earlier this week.  Not sure what the final name will be but it is called Isolation in the book by Debbie Grifka called Lines By Design.

I really love this book.


















There was a bit of a learning curve trying to make bias tape strips.  And making shapes out of them.  But once I was able to sit and spend some continuous time I got it worked out.  







This one is based on a drop cloth background.  I am liking it so far.

There is a forest.




And a couple of houses on a lake.




I will show you more soon enough.

Right now my head hurts from sitting by the fire pit drinking wine with Valerie in Canada.  The smoke gives me migraines.

Yep, I can drink long distance.

It is a gift.









3 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering all my questions. I have not seen the Design by Lines book before but it looks interesting. I'll be trying to make bias tape soon, but I doubt I'll be designing with it. I look forward to seeing what you will do with yours.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How grand that you and Val can share drinking long distance (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cold in Ohio for lettuce! You will have to post a picture of Carrie's garden. I would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!