Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Angels are Dancing Tonight


Tout les Soir Cajun Band  click here to read about Rodney and some surprising awards for the band.



I am pretty sure the angels in heaven are dancing to the accordion playing and singing of Rodney Thibodeaux!

And they are loving it!

That's Rodney on the accordion.  Enjoy the music.




He probably cooked up some spicy hot crawfish with potatoes and corn tossed into the pot.

And for sure he is charming the lady angels with his great smile and thick French Cajun accent!

He was a powerhouse of a man, dabbling in not only music but antique cars.

He was recently at my house a few months ago, memory fading.  But he still knew his way around a kitchen.  I had cooked for about 15 people when all the Cousins got together.  He was uncomfortable knowing he couldn't remember most of the people there.  But he found his way to the kitchen and cleaned that place from top to bottom.

I let him clean!
Diane said most recently he would vacuum their house, but put the plug next to the socket rather than in the socket.  He would be vacuuming happily away!

Sometimes you have to laugh at the tricks of the mind.  Or you cry at the loss.

I will miss his charm, his cooking and his music.

But I know the angels are waltzing away and tapping their toes tonight!


Rest in peace, my friend.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss but rejoicing for the angels' gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such great memories of Rodney. Your love for him is quite apparent in this tribute. The first vid was such happy music that I'm sure brought joy to everyone's heart that heard the group play. The second vid brought tears to my eyes as I watched Rodney waltz to the music on stage before he began to play.

    Rodney lives on you the memories of his loved ones and the music he leaves behind. If there ARE angels, I'm SURE they greeted him with open arms and wings while they danced to the Gates.
    Much love and peace wished for you and your family.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss of Rodney. You seem to have a lot of happy memories of him and I am sure every time you have to do a big cleanup in the kitchen you will think of him and wish he was there to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, but so happy that you have such wonderful memories to share. You and Diane will definitely laugh and listen to his music. Every time you have a crawfish boil you will think that it just doesn't measure up to Rodney's. Keep that kitchen clean.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sniff.....sorry for the loss of your friend and for his family....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!