Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Cotton Robin’s New Face

Cotton Robin. Click here

This year Laurina, an American quilter living in New Zealand, is coordinator for the Cotton Robin this year.  We have worked on each other’s quilts over the years.  I have been doing CR for 5 or 6 years now!

There will be a few things we will be doing differently.  One thing is the initial block will go directly to the first person rather than the coordinator.

I want to encourage you to to join in.  If you want to challenge yourself to work in different styles from your comfort zone or to become more flexible in your design ideas this is what you need to be doing.

We don’t work large, most end up less than 25-30 inches.  And there are 2 months to complete each of the two rounds and then finish the final piece by quilting and binding or facing.

I hear some people say they don’t need a small art piece, but this is so much more.  It is a growth challenge for your skills.  If you listen, the quilt tells you what it needs.

So come with me and join the 2019 Cotton Robin!





This is one I finished then sent on to it's home.








This one is mine.  I didn't start the center block because we were in the middle of the flood and I had no house at the time.  So Julie started me a house WAY up on the hill and sent it around to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!