Wednesday, January 5, 2011

chocolate with cheap calories

I guess I am all on this wagon about completing some of the UFOs I ahve hanging around here.  I couldn't find the Outhouse blocks for some stupid reason (most likely my room is not quite organized like it should be) but I found this OTHER mystery from Sassi Strippers that was supposed to be done in November.  I actually had it done but forgot it that night.  DUH.

So Valerie B. here it is, ready to be finished.  The material is some sort of silky stuff that my mother had in her stash.  It is beautiful and will make a fine quilt but it frays a bit.  I love the deep green and the deep colors in the red.  And for some reason I couldn't get the photo to rotate.  Oh, well.

Chocolate.

I found this on an advertisement from Prevention Magazine.  It sounds too good to be true.  But it was in the mail, so you really should believe it.

Molten Brownies
Preheat oven to 400 and coat a mini 24 count muffin pan with cooking spray.

pour 1 box of ghiradelli chocolate brownie mix into a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl, beat two eggs, one yolk and 1/4 c of low fat mayonnaise with an electric mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes.  Add to brownie mix along with 1/2 c melted unsalted butter.

spoon batter into muffin pan filling each cup to the top.  Bake 10 minutes and immediately remove brownies from pan with a tablespoon.

makes 12 servings with one serving being two of these bite sized brownies.

Pair with 1 cup of low fat milk for a snack that totals 400 calories.

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!