Friday, September 2, 2011

Favorite Fall Recipe, Pigs and Chickens

I am definitely dreaming of fall weather.  And while I should be cleaning up my quilt room if I ever plan on quilting in there again, I decided to fulfill a request for a favorite fall recipe from one of my friends blogs.

I don't have any pictures of this, but I do have some pictures of a pig quilt, and that is the next best thing.  The quilt was given to my sister-in-law last year for Christmas and I never ever got a thank you, or a go to h e double hockey sticks from her about it.  One would think that if one were gifted with a pig quilt and one loved pigs and owned a pot bellied pig, that one would.......like.....appreciate it. 

But I digress.  Because I could not find the picture of the pig quilt so you have a picture of a chicken quilt because I was talking to Mary about the Chicken Quilt from Buggy Barn this past Wednesday.  So crazy, my thoughts.  I must need therapy for straight thinking. 

Here is my fall pig recipe that is one of my favorites.  And if this is good I might even let you taste my rib recipe......but maybe not! 

Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Succotash 


¼ c apricot preserves
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 lb tenderloin trimmed of fat
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt

Succotash
1 tsp olive oil
1 pkg 10 oz frozen cut okra
½ med onion
1 tsp dried oregano
1 c fresh or frozen corn
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
3 tsp thinly sliced fresh basil
¼ tsp salt

1. Heat broiler or grill to med high.

2. Prepare pork. Combine preserves and ginger in small bowl. Sprinkle meat with pepper and salt. Broil or grill pork for 10 minutes, turn and cook 10 minutes longer. Brush meat with ½ preserves and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining mixture

Cook another 2 minutes or until internal temp registers 155 degrees. Turn pork for 30 seconds to set the glaze.  Transfer to cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices.

3. Make succotash. Heat oil in non stick frying pan over med high heat as port cooks. Add okra, onions, and oregano. Stirring occasionally until onion starts to brown and okra stops giving off liquid. 6 to 7 minutes generally. Stir in corn and cook until starting to brown slightly about 3 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir n basil and salt. Serve with sliced pork.



1 comment:

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!