Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Zig Zags (exciting) Lunch (exciting) Payton suspended (wow)

Today is horrible weather, tornado warnings, sightings, hard driving rains, lightening and thunder.  Good day to quilt!

Ok, I am stoked!  LOL.  I love this part of the project.

Planning (exciting)
Designing (exciting)
Creating cutting Plans (exciting)
Buying fabric (exciting)
Finding fabric (exciting)
Cutting up fabric (exciting)
Sewing pieces together (exciting)
Sewing blocks together (exciting)
Sewing blocks to top (exciting)
Sandwiching (maybe ok)
Quilting (ok)
Binding (no fun)
Label (torture)

That is what I like about quilting.  And you can tell that is true by the number of To Be Quilted Tops on my floor.  But I am working on that. And I digress.......

Zig Zags.

I sorted out the color strips last night while I watched Jamie Leigh Curtis kiss on Leroy Jethro Gibbs.  Ugh!  Not a good match.  I wonder why they thought that would work for all of us vibrant sexy older women lusting after Jethro ourselves?  They should have left that story line alone.  But I digress........


I have two, count them TWO boxes of light 2 1/2 strips, so I should not cut up my piece goods and create light strips.  With this many I can control how light or how beige-y I want to go.  I think I will go white light.  And this will be the quilt that goes to Chuck and Patsy to commemorate the cruise next month, so it has a home, and it should get done and quilted.  Quilting will be easy, I am already thinking of that.

I am going to start sewing after I upload some photos.  Sewing will be just putting a light and a dark together and making sure I have at least a 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 square.  (can you see the ruler saying it is 4 1/2 inches?) If you use 2 1/2 inch strips you should be getting a 4 1/2 inch square from the two sewing together.  And what I also did was to trim making sure the strip itself in that block was 2 1/4 inch showing on right and left side of the strip.

If you are wondering what I had for lunch, I am SURE you are wondering about that, this is what I had:

Kale, celery, bok choy, spinach, snap beans, sugar snap peas, Swiss chard, garlic and some Asian spices tossed in.  Stir fried with some olive oil I brought back from Greece.  Then some mushroom soup.

Yes!  Calories?  Not much.......maybe about 50.  I am looking for some coconut oil.  It does not go to fat in the body.

Oh, just heard that Sean Payton, head coach of the Saints have been suspended for a whole year..........wow.
Not that I am a football fan, but hey, big news around here.

glen

3 comments:

  1. I'd agree with most of the exciting parts of making a quilt. Sandwiching is tolerable, quilting is fun, and binding is TORTURE in CAPITAL letters! Labels are torture as well, but not the same severity of torture that binding it. If I go to hell someday, it would probably consist of binding quilts for the rest of eternity! If I go to heaven, I'll be able to cut out and make quilt tops for all eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see your version of Zig Zags....

    Huge football fan here! I really am surprised that the penalties were so stiff for the Saints and coaching staff. Wow! We've had our excitement in Denver with Manning and Tebow off to the Jets so at least our news has been positive. I hope the Saints can rebound. They are my favorite NFC team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Leigh Curtis? & Gibbs??? I thought the same thing!!!UGH!!
    Love the zig zag design.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!