Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Comparison is a slippery slope to envy and for the most part, envy wastes energy that could be put towards getting what you want or optimizing what you have.   Danielle Laporte said that yesterday.  

To the world actually, but I got it in my email.  So I guess she included me.

Just the day before she told me....Be your own guru.

And that was profound.  Why look elsewhere when you are your own best counsel.  you know what is right, you know what is wrong.  Why do you need someone else to tell you?

That was the insight for the day, maybe the week.  I guess I need to do my Tao Te Ching again.  I love intrepreting it in today's language.  That Lao Tsu was like Danielle.  Or maybe the other way around, she was like him.  Or if you believe in the rebirth of souls, then they could be the same!

This is the fabric for the week........I am hoping to get the call soon saying my elephants are ready from the most amazing quilter of all time!  

glen



1 comment:

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!