Friday, January 25, 2013

It is not me afterall!

Got this from my High School Reunion Buds:

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was? Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses. Psychologists at the University of Colorado have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

Thank goodness for studies like this! It's not our age, people, it's that damn door!


I am certainly glad that it isn't me after all!  LOL.  What am I here for?  Oh, hey......OFF THE WALL FRIDAY!

Hmm.....I didn't go through a door yet.......

I am working on a swap from EvaPaige Designs.  She tests her patterns by playing with a group of us.  We make some background fabric cuts and send them to each other.  And then we take the various background pieces and create a specific block.  And send them back all scrappy and stuff.  These are triangles, so I was really attracted to the bright shiny objects she was dangling in front of me! I had to jump in and play.

Cool.  

I sent out some bright orange and asked for some Shades of Grey!  LOL.  A bit of sadistic humor there.  

Meanwhile......back at the ranch.......

I am making my Fifty Shades of Grey Challenge piece.  Complete with leather and whips!  That is a smooshed bottle cap with an interesting black M design on it.  And somewhere, I have a heavy zipper pull.  But that may be inside of a dog by now, and I probably need to find another one if my subsequent searches don't turn up anything.

Mentally rotate the picture so the bottle cap isin the upper left corner and it makes more sense.

I need to figure out how to sew the leather to the fabric.  I think I am going to use some decor bond to back the black.  that should give it enough hand to allow me to either sew by machine or by hand and attach the leather throngs.

I am sure my Fiber Mates are coming up with way better ideas, so I might have to do more than one just to save face here.

Speaking of other people coming up with better ideas, check out Nina Marie and the Off the Wall group over there!

glen




4 comments:

  1. How fun to try out patterns.

    I think I heard that about doorways before. It is good to know it's not me after all. But why is happening more than it used to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the refrigerator door is has the most brain numbing rays, I open the door and have no idea what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happens to me all the time - now I've got doors to blame for my memory lapses....I often go back to where I had the thought in the first place and sometimes the memory returns. Get rid of the doors, I reckon;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. had no idea that you had a little of the bad girl in ya - grin and yes - that whole multi purpose door dilemma happens to me often!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!