Friday, March 22, 2013

The Next Fiber Challenge Is In Your Head!

There are no pictures in this post.  But I want you to make the picture in your mind when I describe it.  This is a lesson in envisioning your piece before you begin to work.  I am linking this post to my wonderful friend Nina Marie's blog, so go and see actual pictures of what other fiber artists are working on!  LOL.

I am so lucky to be in a small group of uber talented Fiber Artists who live within elbow distance from me.  We meet once a month and challenge each other to create a small piece of art for the meeting.  We also discuss things we are working on and marvel at each other's talent, sharing ideas and stuff we use.  There is not a meeting that I am not awed just to be in the presence of these amazing people.

To be honest with you, I really have no idea why I have been included except for my amazing ability to just do stuff without thinking it is difficult or that I might not do a good job.  I am certainly the least among them.  Yes, they are that good, most of these people.

So for April our challenge is to use texture and create in 3-D.  I have several ideas.  Maybe I can move up on the totem pole a bit here with this piece.  In my head it is gorgeous!

I have had this photo on my door for several years now.  It is time it became something.  It is of three nude women.  One is swimming, one is sitting on the edge of the pond, the other is standing as if she has just gotten out.  The pond is a secluded place, with deep blues for water and heavy forests hiding the women from the sight of the village men.  The entire piece is seen through  long think leaves like weeping willow leaves as they drape over the piece only allowing us to partially view the women from our hidden vantage point.

Since we work in small pieces of 8.5 by 11 inches, I will do just one woman.  She is alone in the pond.  maybe the one swimming, maybe the one sitting by the side.  I love the leaves.

So to do this I need some blues and some greens and some way to make leaves.  Lots of leaves.  And I need some flesh tones and a shoreline.  And some blue tulle to cover the swimmer in the ater or the leg of the seated woman.  That way it looks submerged.

I have a plan.  Let's see if I can pull it off.

I can always fall back on floppy basset ears......

2 comments:

  1. so if we keep reading - will you show pictures next time?? LOL! glen you made me giggle with this one - but seriously - that's exactly how a piece starts with brain storming ideas popping in your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to the results. I can see the one sitting beside the pond in MY head.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!