I fell in love with this quilt a lot of years ago. Like in 2005 or so.
It was in a magazine. And I ordered it.
And put it together for a while. I taught my mother to paperpiece a couple of blocks, but she was not really able to do much. Alzheimer's, you know.
Got tired of it when things were not lining up well.
Put it aside.
I pulled it out a few times over the years, saw where it was wonky in some blocks. Put it back into the bag.
I pulled it out yesterday and just blew over the wonky blocks. I hacked some of the points off to make them more square. Sometimes you do what you gotta do.
I got all the blocks on the wall. Except one piece. A blue run.
Cannot find one block part anywhere but I suspect there was a bag of blue that got lost somewhere over the years of being moved around and shoved aside. I can find all the other colors but not the blues even to make another one.
I decide to use plain black centers rather than the fireworks fabric from the original kit.
I put all the blocks together, except for that missing part one. Since they didn't all match up properly, I used some of my 1 inch black strips left over from the last thing.
It still needs the pieced border. But I can get that done today.
I like it. And it is a part of a pile that got moved and finished. To the top stage, anyway.