Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Quilting on the House Quilt

Today I put together two more backs and put one of them on the frame.

I am digging deep into my UFO Quilt Top Box.

This one was from maybe 2006 or 2007.  I think it is Alex Anderson's pattern.  I tried googling her stuff, but I guess it is too old.

I never knew how to quilt it and just didn't feel comfortable with a simple meander on my Husqvarna machine.   It is fairly large and square.  I made the backing with some pink fabrics that were a dusky shade.  Most likely some of my mother's old stash.  It will make a nice girly quilt!1

I am going to do some fancy quilting on the house, like clapboard siding and bricks on the chimney.  And I think I need some flowers in the window boxes. 

And some significant number of thread color changes.

This will be FANCY for me!  LOL




4 comments:

  1. You're right, this one is a girly quilt, but the colors keep it from being too girly. I really like your quilting ideas and can't wait to see the finished quilt. If you're a little like me, though, those change color changes will slow you down! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have fun! Planning a trip your way and when it happens, I'll use the rotary cutter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you were not suppose to quilt this quilt until now! It will be a great practice piece on trying out some ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!