Sunday, August 20, 2017

Dr. Who In My Own Family

Busy weekend once again.  Hope yours was a nice.  I would rather be busy than to lay around.  Even though I did that Saturday afternoon when I just had to sleep.

I felt like I had a fever, but couldn't get the thermometer to work.  Stupid things are so complicated these days.  A few years ago, we used to have a strip that you put on your forehead and it showed a number  Now  you have to turn them on, get them to light up......aughhh.

We even went to the pharmacy to see if we could get a simple device.  And came home with a regular thermometer with no mercury.  Now I can't see where the line is!  Nothing is perfect!

I have half a mind to use the Temp Gun I gave Frank last year to measure the temp of the air coming through the ductwork! Remember I went around shooting the temp of dogs, fabric, stove, window, chairs.  Remember that?

My CFAL meeting was today.  Contemporary Fiber Artists of Louisiana.  We turned in our pieces for the show that will hang at the Arts Council of Livingston Paris for two months.  I forgot to take photos of my piece before I took it in.  Dumb.  But I will get a good photo of it in a nice place all hung up at the show.  That's even better!

 I brought my Wreck This Journal book and turned it to the Invite People To Draw Here page.  And a few did.  I was happy.  And I can also bring it to several other places to get their artistic hand.




This week I can continue to work on my Improv Stripes Quilt Along Quilt. I think they are already putting the finishing touches on their quilts so I am REALLY behind.  The week in North Carolina did me in here.


And I can continue to work on the Fishes Quilt.   I need to put it all together and add a final outside row.  I will have more fish borders so I may have to add them in or even do a couple of pillows for the front room sofa.




And I need to put the swimming pool together and get it on the Avante frame.  I already know how I want to quilt the pool and the cement around it.  Yep, pebbles, of course!


I have decided that I need to finish quilts not just make tops for the proverbial pile.




I also have to finish up Sawyer's quilt.  I am thinking I have half the blocks done.  Maybe just over half, I can't remember.  All I know is that I had 17 fat quarters!  And they each make two.

We had dinner with the young man himself.  Well, we had Mediterranean and he had milk.

And he mostly slept.




This is him right before we left.  He was really excited about going!

And doesn't he look a little like the Daleks from Dr. Who? (when he was the best one, Tom Baker.)








3 comments:

  1. Sawyer is so cute! I just can't sit around and do nothing either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripes get a whole new look from afar. I think of Dr. Suess when I look at it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!