Monday, March 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday March 28, 2011


Busy weekend.  Learned tamale rolling.  Rode 40 miles on bikes, walked 8 miles, painted a picture for a CAAWS benefit, saw the play Guys and Dolls and didn't quilt a lick!  But here is what I am working on tonight.  A new project that will use up some scraps and finish quickly and may be a present for a friend.  We shall see.

As you can tell, I need more practice in precision!





I will finish the quilting on Inspiration Roses this week since it is due before April 1st.  I am quilting in different patterns across the top.  It is a lot of great practice.  Again, a definite learning curve on some of these patterns.  Like I said, lots of practice.  All on my domestic.

These are stacks of blocks for a Quilt As You Go project.  I cut leftover batting from the Inspiration Roses quilt into 6 1/2 squares.  Then I cut a piece of stash yardage into 7 inch squares and put them together.  In the next couple of days I will begin to ass strips in some form or fashion to them.  They will go together fairly quickly and I have 120 of them set up.  If I need more I have leftover batting from other projects to cut up and of course I have more than enough fabric to use. 

There are several different ways I have thought about to add strips.  One is just regular strips.  Another is to add the dog show ribbons and make blocks for a quilt to raffle at the Swissy Fun Day in April.  Another is to add strips in just the corners of the blocks to make a diamond pattern on the quilt.  Really pretty.  I will think about that tomorrow.

Check out Judy's blog for more Design Walls - http://www.patchworktimes.com/


3 comments:

  1. Glen - you're quilting looks really good to me. I can hardly wait to see what you are going to do with the QAYG blocks. I have been playing with that idea also. Thinking about using mine to practice my free motion quilting and then assembling everything before throwing it into a dark closet somewhere.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!! Just reading of your weekend adventures makes me think I need a nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your roses quilt - so much pink. I'm doing a pink one too. Look forward to seeing your QAYG.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!