Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

My father was an Italian American.  His mother felt that in order to be an American, which is why her family and my dad's father risked everything to come to America, you must assimilate. Sounds kinda like the Borg, doesn't it, but you know what I mean.  (Resistance is Futile!)
File:Picard as Locutus.jpg
My father and his siblings didn't even speak Italian, they were expected to just BE American.  And they were.  But the holdover was my father's famous Sicilian Sayings.

One of which is "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."  Funny thing about all those Sicilian Sayings is that they are all too true!

Frank left Sunday for a National Sales Conference in Dallas, TX.  He was to come home on Thursday.  I was going to get all this stuff done!   Ten things, more on my To Do List even.  I was rolling!

This morning I got a phone call from him saying he would be home today around noon.  He is having some issues with his heart.  And by the time he called me, he had already scheduled a doctor appointment, the wonderful conference guru got the plane tickets changed and made arrangements for him to get to the airport.  She really jumped through the hoops to take a lot of stress off him.

Years ago, when his A-Fib was identified, the doctor told us that one day the chemical pacemaker he takes in pill form will stop being effective.  I am thinking that this is what is happening.

We shall see.  I am no doctor but I am pretty knowledgeable about medical and vet things.  Everyone in my family almost, is either a doctor or a vet.  Except me.  I can't cut things open........just sayin'




1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with the two of you. Stelly's pacemaker is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!