Saturday, March 29, 2014

Look, Ma! No Hands!

That is exactly what I feel like!  Look at what I have done!  Tracy just sort of looks at me out of the corner of her eye and chuckles.  But I know she is loving it just as much as I am.

You can tell when she is ready to get down to work.  She whips out that scrunchie, ties back her hair and pours out her beads.  There are several in the class who are already expert beaders, but most of us are just learning.  And what we are doing is awesome.

I was not sure I would be liking this bead thing, but once I saw the tools, I was hooked.   My pliers have spring action cushioned handles.  And the tweezers are fine tipped and true.  But the best of all tools is the scoop.  I LOVE that scoop!  I knew this was mmy craft if it had scoops.

Tracy just likes it for the colors of the beads.  And I have some new ideas for my quilts, some cool effects and awesome dimension. 

So here is Thom Atkins.  gHis work is heavily beaded and at least 4 to 6 feet long. Not small pieces at any stretch.




















Here is me:










Here is his:










Here is mine:


Quite a bit of difference.  But he has many years and many beads on us.  We have one more day, a critique and work day.  I think I can add a new dimension to my art now.

So stay tuned and see what the new beading experiences bring.

glen

3 comments:

  1. I think yours is pretty neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!! Are the beads holding that stone? I like how you did sort of a ripple with the yellow and blue ones. Do I see a new addiction coming on? Will you need a new closet to store all the new beads? I can see you adorning your Matisse women with beads - the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She LOVES her scoop!!! She lost it for a few moments and the whole class was helping her find it, because they knew just how much joy it was bringing to her. tee hee :D You had to be there, lots of fun. The class was really great and my prediction is that you will see cool and edgy things on Glen's art quilts. Stay tuned!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!