Thursday, April 23, 2015

....and McGee happened!

Yes, McGee happened.  I should have known nothing was gong to be safe within the confines of the backyard with McGee present.  I offered to send him to Sophie in New Mexico, but she was pretty sure she didn't want a McGee.

Too bad, I could have used the respite!

Since I had just read a piece about someone who does ecobundles overnight by boiling the goop and leaves, wrapping it and letting it cool over 12 hours, I figured I would go with what I had.  McGee, be damned!

This is what I ended up with.  Too bad those squirrels dumped out most of my goop, it was a nice batch! 



The piece was originally white, well, it was Ecology Cloth which is a nice non-bleached heavier muslin used for backs and such.  Carrie loves it for the baby quilts I make for her friends.  Everything I say makes it seem like a heavy cloth, but it is not, it is heavier than Kona though.  It has a nice sturdy feel, and needles well in the machine.  (How's that for quilt talk?)




She gave me about 15 yards for my birthday.  Turns out it is just perfect for this ecobundle stuff.  I used a piece just over a third of a yard but under a half yard. 




This photo I tried fixing with Photoshop but decided it changed the color too much.  It looks like it was rusted, but in reality the color is more muted and brown.  Which reminds me I have a new piece for rusting, it is a saw blade about a foot or so long.


I was talking to LeeAnna of Not Afraid Of Color about the beautiful face she painted on one of her hand dyes.  It is amazing to me how someone can just sit down and do something like that.   I can see in my piece where a face would form.  I can see the eyes and the nose and the chin even.  But to trust myself to actually draw it, not so much.

LeeAnna gave me some advice I want to try and see if I can get a decent face out of the process.  I need to get out my lightbox.  I wish I could take a class from her or just sit with her, it would be good to see things right there in front of me. 

But lets see what I can do here.  Cross your fingers!  Wannabe Artist Alert!

I am hooking up with Nina Marie's Off the Wall posts!  Check out what others are doing this week!


1 comment:

  1. I can totally see a face in that last photo! This could be so cool, just do alittle shading here or there - you can do this

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!