Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day To All The Dad's Who Live Among Fabric and Sewing Machines!

Frank started another round of gout last night.  So he is sitting on the sofa like a king.  It is quite painful to walk, so I have vacuumed and mopped and cleaned since 6:30  this morning.  Carrie and Andrew are coming for lunch. 

He can prevent gout attacks by drinking a teaspoon of baking soda in a liquid once a day, but he only does it when he thinks he is getting sore.  I would do it every day......just sayin'

For Father's Day, the dogs gave him a t-shirt that reads "The Dogfather" so they have been taking turns sitting against him on the sofa, out of range of the broom and the real vacuum.  The Roomba is doing my bedroom. 

I gave him a book (that McGee chewed the corners off on Wednesday) called Before The Pyramids by Christopher Knight.  He does the specials about Egypt and Egyptology on PBS.  

I already hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit!  I did have to walk the Basset Boyz this morning as well, and will have to do the night walk by myself too 

And this lasts for two weeks................

And yes, I  know.  He did take care of me when my knee was ripped out.

So let me go make some potato salad for the BBQ......

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the drinking. Sounds like a fine way to avoid the possibility of pain. LEeAnna

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!