When I had my Swissys I was in a group of Swissy owners spread about the country. We were very close friends, most of us, by virture of the tri colored dogs we owned. It never failed, one of us would have some sort of doggy emergency around a holiday. So we would hold our collective breaths until we heard of that one who had the ER Vet Visit. Then we breathed easily knowing
we were off the hook.
Well, this year it is Hugeaux who decided to be the one who took the ER Visit Challenge. Hugeaux is the King Charles Cavalier Granddog.
Carrie had lunch us and then headed home. She had a long week at work and was calling it an early Halloween end to the week. When she got home, she found Hugeaux had eaten 1 bag of 3 Musketeers, 1 bag of Snickers and 1 bag of Butterfingers. He had left the Laffy Taffy for later.
Now Hugeaux is about 18 lbs. That was about 3 lbs of candy.
I told her to make him throw up, and he did twice only giving up about 1/2 a bag of 3 Musketeers. Then the runs started and I recommended she call the vet.
Did you know that Valium is an antidote for doggy chocolate poisoning? He is one mellow little guy tonight.
Luckily he is doing fine.