Tuesday, April 17, 2018

sew stitch snap SHARE #24

I am really having fun with the gang over at sew stitch snap SHARE this year.  (you can have fun too, just join in like you own the place).  Just click and it will take you there.

I really admire how Linda puts together those fabrics.  I haven't gotten that courageous yet, Modern is as far as I am willing to stretch.   But maybe one Sew Stitch Snap Share Week I will shock the pants off Miss Linda and have some wild and crazy mixed up fabrics all tossed into one quilt and see what comes out on the other side.  I am excited to try my hand at it actually.   Maybe this summer when I get some of these projects out of the way.

Here is what I am working on right now.

I have a Fiber Group meeting on Wednesday morning.  We are doing those Inspiration Letters.  I have the letters H and E and put together the Tenement and Factory.

I was looking for something to use as the background and found this piece that I think will be good for the outside.  If it needs an outside?  I am actually not sure it does.

 I will sleep on it and if it still needs one tomorrow I will add one.




Gale Garber came to our guild meeting this week and did a presentation tonight.  It was interesting.  She had a trunk show and of course her stuff is really nice  Flying geese galore. 





I bought some poly clothes line because I couldn't find cotton. 

I was all hot to see how it would work. 




I had done a couple baskets with the cotton and liked it but had not worked with poly before. 

It was a bit stiffer as a finished product, but I liked it as well as the cotton. 



 I need to order some cotton line online I think so I can compare the two since I can't seem to find it around here anymore.









   I found some purple poly so I might try adding some interesting stripes to another basket.

 If I  can overcome the boredom of going round and round and round and round I can make a tote  bag and some handles..........




5 comments:

  1. Linda is quite amazing at mixing colours and prints. I have always wanted to try a rope basket, do you need to use a special needle for it? Thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a good hardware store. Our Ace had cotton clothes line last time I looked, but that may have been as much as 3 years ago. Target sold out their clothes line about that time and we bought a bunch since Paul uses it when heloads the trailer to haul stuff to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of gale Garber but wow! Amazing quilts! Not for the faint of heart all those geese.

    One of these days I need to try the basket thing. I really like yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love that basket! Would be a great to hold dog toys in as an additional form of use. Thanks for the share, wish I could craft something like this!
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!