Friday, May 29, 2009

"To see one's predicament clearly is a first step toward going beyond it" (p.131).

This is from Echart Tolle's new book The New Earth. I will admit, I have not read his books, neither this one nor the one prior to this one. What was it......The Power of Now? But I like the quote.

It speaks to me. It says if you don't admit to yourself (at least) the truth of what you are facing, then you will never be able to accurately deal with it.

I live with an avoider. But since I have been married for so long (forever!) and only to him, it seemed to be normal for that to happen. I was frustrated by his avoidance for many, many years. And had no clue what to do. I felt helpless because he never would admit that a problem existed, so we could never work on the problem.

For years I worked on what I could alone, feeling like I was in a vacuum. And I was, because if someone does not admit there is a problem then, for all practical purposes, there isn't one!

So my wonderful insight for today is: be truthful to yourself, at the very minimum. If you can't do that, you will never be able to get past what is there.

Fly, my friend, fly.

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!