Monday, February 22, 2010

What's on your design wall Monday #8


I just returned from a weekend retreat and I was pleased to have put the borders on a difficult piece. I had purchased two polar bear wall hangings while we were in Alaska, ohhhhhh, maybe 5 years ago now. And I had completed both to the top stage.


Now that I am into completing UFOs for credit (hee hee) I decided to put them together and make a single quilt top from the two hangings. And they looked great, however the blues were just slightly off and nothing would go with it. Finally after searching for a couple of weeks, I found the blue/purple border that makes it zing!


And I was so pleased about putting the borders on and it looking so good that I put it on the design wall when I got home last night!


So on my design wall are polar bears.......and yes, I know one is up side down....................


glen

4 comments:

  1. I love your polar bear quilt - and they are not upside down, just mirroring in the ice water... and it's getting rid of a UFO or 2 - what more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt-and the polar bears-so nice! Great job finishing up ufo's-it's such a good feeling, I wonder why we don't do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wall hanging. Good job of taking something unusual and making it extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ladies. I will be quilting it soon! Hopefully! Thing just seem to get in the way of my doing nothing but quilting all day long. Sigh...........

    glen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!