Monday, January 31, 2011

design wall Monday 1-31-11


The last day in January finds me busy at work at the last Bonnie Hunter workshop.  Today we do Playing with Jacks from her website and I spent today cutting up reds, blacks, and greys for the class. 

And I was also gathering pumpkin colors for a Buggy Barn Pumpkin Quilt three of my friends are gathering to make.  We each will bring some fabrics to the table and share.  I am hoping to trade some of my bright oranges for some greyed oranges.  I would  like my quilt to be "dark and foreboding".

My Courthouse Steps from Flavin Glover's Workshop is in the corner.

And my Cathedral Stars from Bonnie Hunter's Thursday class are on the cabinets:

And my Pineapple Blossom hung out on the patio because I was running out of room for all the projects from this week: 
And I still have the orphan blocks up, haven't done much work on them because I have been at Bonnie Hunter Workshops most of this week. 

When tomorrow is over, I will have 4 new UFO quilts to list on my UFO lists!

glen:  I am sure they will be on the list for next year!  LOL
Stop by Judy's site and see what the others have on their design walls

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so lucky to have had 4 workshops this past week. all of your projects are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just lost my comments (blogger strikes again). I was so politely saying how I love the orange in the courthouse steps as well as the collection of reds, blacks, and greys.

    You have a lot going on right now and that's a good thing.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, all. Four workshops sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a treat, despite the Area 51 destination for the tops. How fun all that fabric play and learning must be with Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had fun with Bonnie yesterday. I've been to two of her workshops, plus a retreat with her and she's just as sweet as can be. You blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!