Monday, June 13, 2011

Solids Challenge - the muscular colors

I am participating in a solids challenge and have been having a hard time finding a painting, photo or picture for inspiration.  We need to use something for basis of our challenge piece.  I have been looking at Klimt, Degas, Renoir, Klee, Cezanne to name a few.  I liked the houses of Cezanne, but I could not find the series I loved so much two years ago.  So I kept looking

But this beauty was sitting on my table for a week or so.  I can see a lot of potential here. 
Hmmmm.

I think I can handle four of him! LOL.


With a little manipulation I think he will work.  Now to pull my suntan browns, warm sweet browns, and other muscular colors.
glen

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, there might be some DiNozzo colors in there. You could use him to color match your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...yes....I think I can see what interested you in this picture! Poor Frank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how to make a person check out your posts! When I saw that picture on my sidebar I thought 'What on earth?????' so of course I had to go see. lol Yes, he is definitely, um, solid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is so clever and funny!!! wow! now that's what I call a work out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!