Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Zig zag quilt progresses to the binding stage

Tonight Frank and I were both craving dessert.  We used to go and get ice cream or pie at the Picadilly, or turnovers and ice cream at McDonalds.  But none of that is on the diet anymore.  So we decided to go to Starbucks and get a fancy coffee - decaf, sugar free, fat free with no whipping cream.  No fun at all!

I spent several hours today binding the zig zags. Not quite sure what color to put on, I found some blue batik leftover bindings hat was just two feet short. I filled that in with a gold and a red. I will have a picture when I finish it tomorrow.  I want to toss it into the washing machine and give it that "used" look.

It is looking really wonderful.  I am liking it a lot.  I want the next one to be large half square triangles.

 As I was sewing the binding on, I kept thinking of the label and what it would say. Remember, this is for my cruising buddy, who is on a liver Transplant list. I thought something like:

 When the colors of your life change, I hope the come together in a pleasant rainbow medley. And that all the waves become calmer seas.

You know the zig zags sort of look like waves...... How would you change it to make it better?

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!