Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big Wins!

I often complain that I don't win anything.  And I guess that I have to take that back.  However, I will tell you that I put more money in the blank pots at the raffle table than the others did so that may have skewed the odds a bit.

We had a wonderful program on the different types of applique.  Connie had a lot f samples and fun stuff that she had appliqued.  It was a really nice overview of the ways to do the stitches, samples of the stitches and the stabilizers available.

Someone had donated a ton (maybe 15) of these very simple applique patterns.  And I had my eye on a couple.  So I brought out the big guns; my five dollar bill!

I usually donate $2 at each meeting to the raffle table.  Just to give the guild some money each month.  And I go to 4 guilds, so that can add up.  But when there is a special thing I want, I add dollars!

So out of the 15 patterns, I came home with 4 of them!!!!  Can you believe that?????  Me???

I can see the Safari pattern as a baby quilt for Carrie's baby should she ever have one.  And for some reason I thought of my cousin Karen when I saw those fabulous Cows!

And the Horses, well, they are horses after all!  And maybe my sister in law, if I decide do quilts for them again, the Farmyard.  She has a pot bellied pig and i always give her a pig of some sort.

I guess I can't complain for a while!  And I will be busy pulling backgrounds for a million quilt blocks.

glen:  off to the funeral

2 comments:

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!