Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Whew! 60 Squares Are Done

Now I need to trim, add light centers (actually decide if I really want the centers added), then there are 5 borders.
This looks so bright!  I do not see all those bright blue squares when I look at it.  The camera does some interesting things to quilts on my design wall.  Sometimes I like photos better and sometimes not.  This is a not!

You know I totally wasted my time putting these up on my design wall.  They all need to come down to have the centers put on.  But I really wanted to see it laid out.  Do you ever do that, all that work for just seeing how it is laying out?

Also, this is not the exact placement for the pattern.  It is very very confusing.  I gave up and just put them in in the idea of squares.  The fabric in the kit is different from the fabrics in the picture.  The picture on the pattern is more controlled.  The fabrics here are random.

I will trim them and see what it look like in the light of a new year. I was corresponding to my Arizona buddy and all of a sudden realized that the name of the quilt was Reflections!  Just how perfect is that for the first day of the New Year!

So reflect on 2012, decide what you want to toss and leave that out of 2013.  I want better friendships, more excitement, more organization, more exercise and less food!  

glen: oh, and i have to name a winner for the 1000th post............Ann C - pick a number between 1 and 7.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this quilt. I think I might have to break down and get the pattern and the ruler! I'll pick my own batiks cause I have a ton of them here!! :)
    Happy New Year, hope 2013 is a great year for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue doe stand out! Reflections is a good theme for today especially with all this rain! For 2013, I want to spend more time with my friends And more projects completed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!