Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner

 Carrie gets so upset when we arrive even 5 minutes before the exact time she gave us.  So we try to time our arrival to be close to "our specified time".  And we ended up getting there nearly a half hour earlier than we were supposed to.

You are not going to believe this.  Those cutesy pictures I took of the Dogs and Frank coming in from their walk in the morning post?  Well,  I never put the stupid SD card back into my stupid camera. 

And thusly I have no photos. 

The food was incredible.  I bought a pumpkin pie and an apple pie I totally invented through necessity. And I brought the stuffing with walnuts and apples that everyone loves. And my Dad's Corn  Casserole I love.  The other Mother In Law brought green bean casserole, mac and cheese with spaghetti and brocoli and cheese casseroled.  And a pecan pie   Carrie roasted a perfectly browned turkey she had brined for 24 hours.  Frank made his Italian salad  Michael's girlfriend bought a plate of cookies she and one of her kids made and a mirlaton casserole. 

She was quiet, didn't help with the dishes, which is a big deal with the moms.  I asked her what she did for a living and she said she worked for a packaging company.  I askked a few more questions, I actually have a friend who does that, and just got some vague answers.  So no mystery solved there.

The day was wonderful and the best part was after it was all over, Carrie came and hugged me and said she was glad I  had come early because I took a lot of stress off her shoulders by taking over some things.  I hugged her back tightly, loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!