Sunday, January 12, 2014

Road Trip to Guild Meeting and Invite to a Show

I forgot to tell you that I posted the London Fog fabric choices to Sophie's blog. If you want to see the other's choices for fabrics and their tea towels, check out THIS. I love the choices everyone is making.

I found a quilt today that I want to pattern mine after.  Remember my case of nerves the other day?  I am way more confident now that I have an idea of what I want to do. Isn't that always the way it happens, you make a plan and you feel better?

Today, Tracy came and picked me up.  We headed out to the CFAL meeting.  She was joining and I was bringing in my three pieces that will hang in the Louisiana State Archives building for a month.  We enjoyed the ride out, laughing about our kids; Carrie and Tommy went to high school together.

CFAL is Contemporary Fiber Artists of Louisiana.  It has a couple of quilters in there, but there are some amazing other crafts that involve fiber somewhere.  Like the lady who makes masks out of silk fibers, or the one who uses wadding with the pieces of the cotton plant and seed pods still in it to create her art.  We saw lots of jewelry, paper, silk, beading, and everything was incredible.  Of course, I have no photos.  I left my camera on the table with the paper that told us how to get to the Depot Gallery  in Gonzales.

The show will hang on Feb 3 and be open to the public from Feb 4 to Feb 24.  Like I said, i have three pieces in there.

If you are around Baton Rouge, please, please go see it.  It is free and you will see incredible things.  Tracy is putting her most amazing crawfish in the show.  It is worth going just to see that piece!  WOW!

There will be three Meet the Artist Days on Fridays in Feb on the 7th, 14th and 21st.  10 AM to 1 PM.

Come and see me.  I will let you know when I am there.  I am hoping to be there most of those days.


On and up note, there was a lady who was given a weaving loom. The heddles were all rusted and she replaced them with new. So she brought all the rusty pieces.  They are fabulously thin pieces of wire.  Michael and I took a bunch of them home to work with.

Rusty Things thrill me!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!