Here is the progress on the tea towel so far.
Yesterday I put a French Fuse on the back of the towel itself. I was concerned about the looser weave and stretching. Making sure it caused no problem was just being proactive.
I already had the HSTs from when I started the first round at the retreat last month. Last night, with pre tea towel Jitters, I laid out the pieces I had collected and liked it. Put a check in the approval box!
I was conscious about the busy aspect of the borders as I work with them. So I feel compelled to include a stop border.
I am wishing i had more of that grey green piece. I got it in Lafayette and I am not sure I want to drive all the way down there and find it gone. I need to call Charlene and see if there is more. She is doing a long term sub at her school taming some young minds so I am not sure how much time she is spending at the store.
Wow, I am liking the addition of each border. It took a bit of time to work out the figures for for the blocks in the current last border.
I just had to see how it would look with the next borders getting dark. LIKE!
I am thinking of those Star Trip blocks from the Block Lotto. I am thinking that a dark background with the two yellows, or maybe some of the blue in there. that might be a way to get that blue into the quilt. I need to make one and maybe do a montage in the computer.
I am so used to doing this on my Electric Quilt program. But I am learning to adjust. I rafted the border blocks on a scrap of typing paper, just like the old days!
I liking it so far. I think the star blocks in a dark colorway will be a great addition. See. I have talked mmyself into them already.