Thursday, July 28, 2016

Death In the Family

Yes, quite an intimate one at that.  My coffeemaker.

Well, it was much more than a coffee maker, it made cappuccino.  And the steamed milk to go with it.  It was 12 or so years old.

And it still works, sort of.  I don't want to give it up.  I want it to keep on working.

But the aggravation came to a point where I finally accepted Frank's offer of a Keurig.  2.0 so it is the latest and greatest.

I have to say, even my coffee connoisseur friend Michael now owns a Keurig.


My old Breville just LOOKS more important, doesn't it?


But it is totally plastic.  It makes an OK cup of coffee, but people, it's plastic!




3 comments:

  1. That is what the world is coming to - plastic everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a special kind of trauma that only another coffee lover can understand ... when it happened to me a year or so ago, I found I just COULDN'T become one of the (coffee) pod people and found a small Capresso machine that is serving me well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't drink coffee, but I love the Keurig cocoa. I can imagine losing something (other than a coffee maker) that I've grown attached to. It's always difficult adjusting to something else, even if it's better (in a way) than what you had before. The hardest part can be letting go.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!