Sunday, January 29, 2017

Uncovering Treasure

 I have been working for three days now emptying boxes from the storage trailer.  the storage trailer sits in our  driveway.  Its owner, Ron, needs it back to transport his racing stuff.  The good thing is that I'm finding some things that I didn't think I still owned.   The bad thing is I'm finding things that I no longer own.  I'm also finding something that should've been thrown out period.

I did find my BlendTec, the crock pot and the food processor.   All my wonderful appliances that were used a lot.   I got so excited I grabbed my BlendTec and placed it on the counter!

And then realised they all had been under the water --- completely submerged.  Into to the garbage pile.

We worked non-stop since Friday unloading boxes.   On Saturday I ran the dishwasher non stop, sanitising each them.  Did you know the new dishwashers have a 3 1/2 hour cycle time due to the crazy regulations from the EPA?  OMG!  I did only 4 loads all day.  I did 5 loads of laundry, all the fabric and and some other stuff that Carrie used to wrap glass items in after the wrapping paper and bubble wrap ran out.

And on top of all that, Monday begins the demolition of the CAAWS building I preparation for the shelter remodel.  I spend several hours each day working with volunteers to clear out he building, putting all the stuff into a pod in the parking lot.

I should have taken photos of the cleared out building this afternoon, but I forgot.  We are both exhausted.


3 comments:

  1. There seems to be joy and a path in your life. So happy that your life is speeding along right now. BTW isn't the length of a dishwasher cycle unbelievable????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the trailer empty? I know it takes forever to open all these things. Big hugs my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopeing you handled the rest of the treasure opening well. It must be really difficult to relive those days after the flood and think of the things that didn't make it. Hang in there. It's almost over.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!