If you make them, let me know. Low carb, low sugar and low fat. All good for you!
makes 9-10 donuts (mine made 9 donuts and I made two batches while I had one mess going!)
1/2 c coconut flour
1/2 c granulated sweetener (maple sugar, coconut sugar lakanto or erythritol) ( I used coconut sugar)
1/4 c oil (avocado, melted coconut oil)
1 tsp lemon juice or cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp clove
1 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch black pepper
1/3 c coconut oil
3 tbl maple sugar
1.4 tsp nutmeg
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. mix ingredients in order of listing. Use a stand or hand mixer
3. Adjust chai spices to your taste ( I used more cinnamon and less nutmeg)
4. grease a donut pan
5. spoon batter into pan, makes 9-10 donuts
6. bake 15-18 minutes ( I have a convection oven and I baked them for 13 minutes)
7. You can cover the donuts in chai sugar by mixing chai spices with granulated sugar.
8. Nutmeg Icing: using a low carb sugar like lakanto crystallized when the icing cooled, so if you are going to use a sugar alcohol use a powered one. Or try stevia instead. Liquid maple syrup works well but it needs to be heated over a double boiler to mix with the coconut oil. There is a perfect timing to get cool donuts and barely melted glaze to happen.
i put the donuts into the freezer to cool them while I heated the glaze.
Let me know if you make them and what you thought!