Friday, August 25, 2017

Getting Closer To A Large Square Object

Not the final placement, for sure, but getting closer.  Now I am basically filling in.

I know it will shrink up with seams so I am deciding if I want to make an extra strip of stripes all the way down to account for that shrinkage.  I probably need to. Or add borders!

You know, seeing it in the photo here, I think I need to build more on the bottom as well.  And I have to think about quilting it.

How would you quilt it?  All those seams!

Frank brought my Husqvarna home on Friday!  Yay!  I am so happy!  I was just fighting the Janome.

I have been sewing and watching coverage of the Hurricane Harvey that is hitting Texas right now.  All day I have been uneasy.  Last night I woke at 1:46 AM with a panic attack moment.  I had to turn on the TV and watch My 600 lb Life till Chloe barked around 5 AM.  The Modern Guild's program Fresh Quilts comes on at 5 AM so I watched that.  I can't record it so on the "happy" occasion I am still awake I watch it.

Man, I am feeling for all those people whose homes will be flooded.  At least we didn't have wind to go along with the water.

And to think the storm may well stop and turn and head back toward us.  I can't imagine the fear that will overtake those who are still recovering.  Many, many people have not yet moved back into their homes.  And a lot of those who have, are not finished yet.

I know what it is to lose everything.  No offense to anyone reading this, but unless you have been there, you have no idea the hopeless feeling you have at that moment.  And for months after.

I feel like I want to go out there and help someone.

Or just hug them.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes they need the hug as much as the physical help. Being there beside them is a blessing for both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we ache for people with similar problems. Don't dwell on this just sew a bunch for the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about layered concentric circles for quilting on the stripes? I like what you are doing so far a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is coming along nicely! All those striped quilts I have made - well, I line quilted each piece. Yes, I am nuts.

    I would say you are suffering from post traumatic stress along with everyone else who has been thru losing their home from a hurricane. This is nothing that you will get over anytime soon, but hopefully somehow be able cope with. The need is so huge in Texas it is like where do you begin to try and help?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!