So yesterday I quilted the Improv Stripes quilt.
And today I pulled the Triangles quilt from the stack. This one is not as easy as the visually dense Improv Stripes. It needed the quilting to be the focus. So I got out an Angela Walters' book called Shape to Shape, or something close to that. I would have to walk into the other room to find it.
I rummaged through 2000 boxes to find the marking pen. I marked up all the triangles with different motifs in each one. I had to get pretty creative. Another 2000 or so boxes produced a couple of my longarm rulers, some triangle rulers and a box of crayon washable pens.
Once it was loaded up, I found that I was good at the geometric shapes,
but sucked at the curved shapes.
So after I established that interesting fact I made some changes to the designs.
I straightened out some curves. this one on the left is one of my favorite ones.
And I invented some pretty cool geometric block designs!
Right now I am exactly half way done. Unfortunately McGee has decided he does not like batting or triangle quilts. I spend the rest of night picking up tufts of batting all over the house............