Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 1 Year 2018

Did you know the Gregorian Calendar, the one we use today, was set up in 1582. But not all countries used it as their civil calendar until 1923.  Took them a long time to get with the program.  The big difference from the


previously popular Julian calendar was the length of a day.  The Gregorian year equals 365.2425 days where the Julian Calendar Year was 365.25 days.

If you subscribe to the Buddhist Year the date would be 2562.  And the female Tibetan Fire Rooster Calendar is 2144.

So Happy Gregorian New Year to you all.

It was in the teens last night and today the highest number on the thermometer outside my back door only went to 27.  Last year we were in the camper from Hell with no heat.  It does get very cold in South Louisiana, doesn’t it.


I spent the day in my sewing room putting the HSTs on the birds.  I am thinking in either need it make some additional birds or to use some sort of alternative block.

I was thinking that the branch block from the Modern Guild might be an interesting thing.  The birds could appear to sit on the branches and sing their hearts out all day long.

I am listening to The Last Tudor by Phillipa Gregory.  She writes amazing biographical stories about the women in the 1400s and 1500s in Old England.  Lady Jane Grey, War of the Roses, The White Queen, the Red Queen.   The Seymores and the Stewarts.  If you like historical reads, definitely look her up in your library.




DiNozzo oversaw the replenishing of the Dog Bone Inventory.  We go through a ton of Milkbones every week. 




Here is the wine jelly I made from the leftover wine at the CAAWS Volunteer Party. It is absolutely wonderful.    Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio.  And edible flowers from Whole Foods.

And that is my new pig plate.  



And I am making vodka and scotch vanilla extract.  It needs to sit for 8 weeks before you use it.

I am going to be ready for the year 2144.......or 2562.........whichever is your preference.






2 comments:

  1. I really liked the tree idea you pinned in Pintrest. Guess it depends on how big you want the flimsy. As for me, smallest is bed/sofa runner size and sofa quilt big enough for Stelly! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birds and the triangles. Kind of looks like a bom that's new out there this year. It's animal applique with flying geese. So, I am going to be rude and ask about the pig plate. It would be a great gift for my pig loving sister. Pet the puppies pls. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!