Thursday, April 25, 2019

Carbon Spot is Quilted

Choices, it is all about the choices we make.

Carbon Spot is quilted.

weirdly, but quilted.  I saw some quilting that looked like large seed pods and I thought it would be a circular tone to the stark linear of the top.

It is weird, and probably would have been better if I had done straight lines.  After all is said and done, the choice is made.

But hey, it is quilted.

I also thought about putting a color like blue or orange on the binding.  I chose to go with a light grey so it would not draw attention from the diamond pattern in the center.

I really love the quilt. It has made me start rethinking the quilts I want to make for the beds in the master BR.  The beds are two twin beds because they move up and down and vibrate and all.    And because Frank used to become a superhero saving the world from evil in his sleep before the Sleep Doc helped him.  He is soooo much better!

(Although the other night he took his CPAP mask off and kept telling me that after someone finished petting the dog he could go somewhere I couldn’t understand.

He told me that no less than 7 times somewhere in the middle of the night.  I finally gave up and went into the living room and watched TV until I fell asleep again. )

2 comments:

  1. I like your "weird" quilting design - and yes, it IS quilted (which is what really matters in the end).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt turned out wonderful! I am happy for you that it is quilted and not in the UFO pile. I haven't added to my UFO pile, but I haven't reduced it either.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!