Friday, November 16, 2012

Donuts to Dollars

Take these ingredients
As the saying goes.  Although I don't think I will be selling any of these babies any time soon.

Mix them up
It all started when I saw Stephanie over at Loft Creations had tucked Abby in for a nap and headed to the kitchen to make Chai Donuts.  Chris told me she laughed when I had Chia Donuts giving the picture of the Chia Pet Donuts, but that was my eyes seeing what they really wanted to see!

Bake until the chicken crows
So my Chai Donuts were in the planning.  As I said yesterday I went to 5 stores before I found the donut pan.  I went to 2 stores to find buttermilk!  What is this world coming to when a decent person cannot find buttermilk on any given grocery shelf?  And another 3 places today to find the powdered Chai mix.  Lots of places had it as a liquid but not a powder.  I knew I needed it in the thickened glaze, and it had to be powdered.  Interesting enough, I did have cardamom, nutmeg, cloves and ginger handy!
Chai

Buttermilk
The Chai Donut recipe makes 6 donuts, just enough for the pan.  But I was ambitious.  I wanted more.  I found a recipe for baked buttermilk donuts.  Whoa buddy!  Talk about good!

Look at the difference between the Chai and the Buttermilk donuts!

I made a glaze of vanilla, almond and milk in the caster sugar and doused them babies but good!


The leftover chai powder made into a nice cup of chai that went perfectly with a donut!  Can you see that dog looking at the donut?  I'd better not leave it there too long.......

Go check out Stephanie's post about the Chai Donuts at

http://www.designsbyloftcreations.com/2012/11/wednesday-things.html


and the recipe for the Buttermilk is:

http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,10000002012979,00.html

And since I had nothing else to do, I thought I would dicker with the template and give you a new view on the world!

glen

1 comment:

  1. I saw some doughnuts posted on someones blog as well I haven't used the pan yet maybe this weekend - but I did it the easy way and went to Amazon.com :) came to my door in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!