Monday, December 4, 2017

Bird Is the Word

It is starting already..........I got no bird done today.  But I did two yesterday so I figure I am still on track......


Well, I scrubbed my kitchen pavers with a brush broom.  And proceeded to knock over the whole mop bucket....all over the floor.   I used a ton of dish towels to mop it up.  Let me tell you, there was a whole lot of water!  That poor floor!

Then I went into the quilt room and put a binding on Improv Stripes.  I figured I needed to work toward one of my OMG!  Got all but a corner of the binding sewn while I watched Dr. Phil all day long. I love grey.  I need to make 2018 a Year of Grey!






this is the way I iron............in the middle of the dog pile!


 Frank came home and we rode about 5 miles on our new bikes.  I cannot figure out how to work the speedometer.........

Then I went off to my Modern Guild Christmas Party at Phil's Oyster Bar........the same place we have had it for the last three years.  I got there a bit early.  So I thought.

No one was there, so I checked with the hostess station, who confirmed the party was indeed there.

So I waited till about 6:30.....usually we meet at 6 pm.  Still no one had shown up.  I looked on our facebook page, it was not noted there at all.  So I called Joni, she informed me the location had changed to.........Rick's Cafe Americain......you got it, across town.

I made it when they were getting their food.  So while they were cooking my salad I did my show and tell.

During the year every time we show something we get a ticket.  I won  the Show and Tell Lottery!

A zip pouch, a button coaster, two fabric bundles and a magnetic

bowl. 


Also included was a Modern Quilts Week Planner!  Oh, my!  I can make LISTS!

Look, that is my SSOBB Quilt!   In July!









For my Dirty Santa gift I pulled a Gizmo.  And I was lucky enough to keep it all night!

What is it?  When you chain piece you use the blade to cut the thread.  Makes it go very quickly!


Tomorrow I will show you my newest book, signed by my friend who has a quilt in the book............and a new bird!












2 comments:

  1. The gray looks wonderful on your improv stripes quilt. You cleaned up with all the great prizes you won.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!