Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Challenge Bird and Improv Quilts

(I am linking up with a kokaquilts' Sew Stitch Snap Share #18) click here to go to see the post

Do you see this?

I love Rayna Gillman and her Improv Quilts!

My friend Patty the Quilt Lady has a quilt featured in Rayna's new book.  And somewhere in there She and Rayna discussed me and the flood........and there was a book headed in my direction!

Thank you Patty!




I spent a couple of wistful hours reading and looking at the pictures, as you know you would, right!  This is while I was waiting for my Guildmates who never showed up..........

Patty signed the page her quilt is on.  I totally love it. 


Bird Challenge?  You don't expect me to pass up a Challenge of any sort, do you?  Oh, wait.......

You probably knew that, huh?

OK.  Bird.

This is Sawyer in his new wheels.  It makes vvvrooom-ing sounds when he pulls that gearshift lever.  Which he finally figured out how to do.

And the various things light up.  It is bright and happy and he loves those yellow eye things on the front. He leans over and looks at them all the time.

So I took the colors from his walker to make a Sawyer Bird.



His beak is dark blue like the bottom bumper.  And the lip looking things on the wing reminded me of the eye things that fascinate the boy.

And the legs are fat........just like Sawyer's little fat legs!  LOL.  


I seem to have an issue with something on every bird.  See the 'square' head.  It is pretty accurate, because Sawyer's head is a bit flat in the back.....

But I went ahead and ripped it out and fixed it........hmmmm.


I guess it still can be a bit less square, but then it wouldn't be Sawyer-Accurate, would it......

You really can't tell unless you look at the kid sideways.  That is his other grandma he is talking to here.




Don't worry, I will fill his head with all kinds of trivia and it will pop out round like all the other kids........at least by first grade, huh?

8 comments:

  1. Terrific grandson bird! My granddaughter has a square-ish head too!!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Filled with lots of Sawyer love - I knew it would be a great bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sawyer looks like a real cutie. I think you matched fabrics for that bird perfectly. thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sawyer's bird is fabulous! Rayna offered me an extra book since she felt bad it too three tries to get the post office to deliver my copy. I told her about you and your losses with the flood so that I would send you the extra book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aweesome Sawyer bird! Real life is the best inspiration ever. And yes, Rayna's book is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun interpretation of Sawyer! I love seeing where and how people pull their fabrics. These birds are so cute. And congratulations on the wonderful book from Patty. With a mention of you, no less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Patti! Impressive and exciting to be in a book. They don't publish just any old thing these days so bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute birdy block, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!