Thursday, September 17, 2009


(Hands by Nikki Gioanni) A friend sent this to me today. I found it very poignant to what we do, so I thought I'd share a portion of it with you.

"Quilts are the way are lives are lived....We survive on patches and scraps....
the leftovers from a materially richer culture....the throwaways from those with emotional options....
We do the far more difficult job of taking that which nobody wants and not only loving it....
not only seeing what its worth, but making it lovable....and intrinsically worthwhile."



How true. Is that not the way we raise our families and live our lives teaching and sharing with others!
This is a photo of a comfort quilt made by the Quilting Sisters, our computer quilting group. It was for Marv, who lost her husband right before we finished it. But she can wrap herself in it and feel the love of all our hands as we comfort her.
Be at peace my friend.
glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!