Friday, September 11, 2009

New Tactic




I need to use what I have. I have restricted my purchases (and it hasn't been easy!) to just what I need to complete what I have. I am working hard on that thought. I really need to do it. I have an auction coming up next month for a local guild where I KNOW I will buy stuff. It is, after all, for a good cause, right???? Of course.......

I recently finished up a 30's/Aunt Grace lotto block group that I won two years ago. AND I pieced together leftover batting and found a piece of material I scored for $2 a yard about 3 years ago for the borders and the back! Talk about a found quilt!

And I used fabric from the LAST auction to complete a challenge for another guild. This one is all blues for a monochromatic quilt. I fell in love with a panel of blue Santa pictures. They really didn't fit the center of the star block, but I made them fit! And I used the blues I got at another auction for a steal! So that is a cheap quilt.

Then at a recent retreat I completed a mystery quilt from 2 years ago. This was a Planet Patchwork Mystery and it is wonderful. I don't know why I quit on it. But now it is a top waiting for the quilting session next.

Doing the finishing on my UFOs gives me lots of oportunites to practice my quilting skills. I do not own a long arm, although I do lust for one. I use my Viking 930 to quilt. It has a wide throat and really does a wonderful job. It is ok, I really don't need a long arm, but it sure would be nice.

I will post pictures of my completion and found material quilts soon. Right now, i am off to dinner at the local Brewhouse with friends!

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!