Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We had a horrible storm on Sunday last. My gauge said 3 1/2 inches, however Frank went around telling everyone it was 8 1/2 inches. He must need new glasses. 

But it SEEMED like 8 1/2 inches though. It stormed and stormed and stormed. And of course that was the day we were moving my mother's stuff. Frank fell on the wheelchair ramp twice, Dan looked like he was having a heart attack and my whole head shut down amidst the 1/4 inch layer of dirt, dust and rat droppings.

We found quite a few mice and one dead rat. Behind the furniture.
I am so glad to get my mother out of there. She seems to be adjusting to the new place OK so far. Of course, she still stays here with me at night. But today I finally found all the bed clothes and washed everything like sheets, blankets and towels. So I think we might try to let her stay there tomorrow night.

Thus far, I leave to go eat lunch and let the dogs out at home and tell her to go down and eat lunch in the dining room, and she does. And she makes it back.  So that is a step toward independence, mine.....
We had a wonderful conversation about the key. I asked, where is your key? I don't know, she replies, gesturing wildly with the key banging into her wrist on one of those plastic key chains. Think about your arm, I said. She holds both arms out to me and says, look no key! I say, Look at your key on your arm, whereupon she plunges her hands into her pockets to look for her keys..........

glen: I need a break....do you think they will have heavy liquor at the High School Graduation I am going to tonight?
 
PS> Look!  No squirrels on the bird feeder, there are actually BIRDS on the bird feeder.  Although the horrid creatures have disabled the newest expensive feeder.  I have to buy more metal blanks and glue them to the remaining seed windows they broke through!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. But you are coping well and that's all that matters. And if you look hard enough, I am sure you will find liquer at a high school graduation.
    LOL

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!