Saturday, July 31, 2010

Get the crap out of my house challenge

I loved the comment on the previous post that said: Thanks for bravely posting the pictures. 

You are quite welcome.  I have nothing to hide.  My Interior Designer Daughter won't even step foot into my room.  And my germ-a-phobic and OCD husband thinks I am a horrible person because I am messy.  And I still like myself! 

So I spent about two hours clearing out a corner.  And even though it does not look like it to you probably (the OCD hubby didn't think it was such a great effort at all) it really is.  It clears up a 2 x 2 foot space in front of my design wall that allowed me to rearrange the blocks to this. 

Yes, I am copying.  I am a copycat.  But i REALLY liked what she did

And I think I deserve a kudos for this cleaning up of my little corner.  Because I spent most of the morning helping hubby trim trees.  My main role in helping involves being available to take Tim the Toolman to the Emergency Room when he whacks something off or falls out of a tree or off a ladder or off the roof.  But it wasn't my fault that I wasn't home when he fell off the roof that time.  He knows the rules around here:

NO ONE IS TO USE ANY TOOLS, POWER OR NOT, WITHOUT AN ADULT PRESENT AND DOGS DO NOT COUNT.

He was good today and did not fall off/out of anything or break anything important.  He did, however, cut his finger on something, possibly the bow saw.    And he is now sporting several Transformer Bandaids.  There was blood and some whining, but he got over it.

glen

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you - a 2'x2' square is a major accomplishment (given what you have to go through). As one who has married an OCD (who is also majorly AR as well), I can identify with you completely. I just want to know how they hid these traits during dating and the engagement period. Marriage ceremony and POP out came these enduring qualities.

    Back to the room - it's kinda cute just as it is (and just think it keeps both hubby and daughter out!)

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!