Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ralphie is safe and well at home

I brought him to the vet this morning and I must say he was more comfortable with not eating than any dog I have ever had. Must be because he was used to not getting fed and he just accepted it as normal.

He was happy just to be riding in the SUV.

They called me at noon and said he was heartworm negative but had round worms, hookworms and whipworms. No wonder he was skinny as a rail!

When I got there pick him up he was so ecstatic to see me, I guess he figures I was gone forever after I dropped him off. But being a typical Basset, he made the best of it making friends with everyone by giving them all that sad eyed look he does so well.

And now he is a neutered and microchipped stud muffin with gorgeous eyes!!!

glen

3 comments:

  1. where's the photo? you can't have a cute dog post without a photo - not fair! give hima scratch from me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they just steal your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a very lucky dog to have adopted you and the gang. He is going to be a very happy boy from this point on.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!