Monday, April 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday 4-25-11

I will be at the gym if you need me, I'll working off all the chocolate from yesterday.  But while I am gone, you can check out my design wall and some good news I can now share with you!        

First the good news -- I was invited to be a Block Tester for the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Magazine Vol. 3!  And they asked me back for Volume 4.  I may even submit a block to the Volume 5, surely they will run out of blocks soon enough and be looking for one more, huh?

Anyway.  As a Thank You they sent me a magazine and a CUP!   How cool is that!  And if you buy a copy of the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Vol 3, you will see my name under Block Testers!  Too cool!

I didn't get to test Judy's block though......... I wish I had!  I will show you some of the blocks I worked on in future posts.


So here is what I am working on on my design wall this week.  A UFO resurfaced from a long long time ago.  It was a pattern in a magazine that had pastel stripes and an applique of a huge golden retriever in the lower right section.  I loved it.  But my choice of bright stripes overwhelmed the dog and I grew discouraged.  And tossed it into a corner.

When I found again it last week I knew it needed to be worked on with the elan and verve that comes from the 15 Minutes Play Group I am working with.  So I held my breath and sliced into it.  Here are the bits and pieces from two of the sections.  I held back the other two just in case I got cold feet!  LOL.  But now I am into it with full aplomb!

And while I was putting the blocks on the design wall, I found the saw tooth piece from some half square triangles leftover from some project a few years ago.  They fit right into the chaos that was the sedate stripes a week ago.

I don' t know where this will lead, but it will certainly be interesting getting there!

glen

5 comments:

  1. How cool! Congratulations. I bet they invite you back every month now. Thanks for the reminder too; I resolved last night to go walking first thing this morning, but by this morning I had forgotten.

    What a clever idea for your UFO. I love the new and improved version. No wonder the magazine invited you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to see where things go when you start to play with them. I look forward to seeing what your end result is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must say, what you are coming up with looks really interesting. And I really like it. Isn't it fun when the creative juices flow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I love taking something that was a "failure" and recreating something else with it that is fabulous. You've got a great start--keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!