Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!  We have steaks for the BBQ, beans, and brownies.  Can't beat that with a stick.  Later today, at the library, I will pick up my CD copy of Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly.  I guess tomorrow, since today is a holiday.

For your patriotic reading pleasure, if you want a great book, pick up Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly.  It chronicles the last few weeks of the Civil War and takes you step by step through the plot to kill Lincoln.  Lots of things you never heard in your history classes!  John Wilkes Booth did not act alone, it was a conspiracy of maybe 8 or 9 people.  Some who didn't do their jobs!  I told a friend about this book and he scoffed, like it was made up.  There are lots of details from trial testimony and interviews.  Lots of info was gathered in the investigation following Lincoln's death.  This is not a fictional story.  And don't worry, Bill does not use this as a political platform.  I think that was my friend's problem, he thought if Bill O'Reilly wrote it, it must be lies!  LOL.  I happen to like Bill myself.

Frank is home for the next few days, so I am not sure how much I will get done on anything, but I PLAN to work on my quilt room for a while in there.

And........later today I will announce the winner of the Quilt Your Quilts in July Challenge.  So I you have quilt square footage to send me and have not done so, please do so.

I have a nice box of stuff and a booby prize for the least number of inches!

And later today, check on the Fabric 365 Blog to see if I have completed Day 17 - Eyes!




2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you! And might I add how impressed I am with your 365 project - awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday I hauled out half the stuff in my sewing room and had the guys shuffle some furniture and tweak around some things then I hauled it all back in. I am not good at organizing things and Ray gave me some suggestions. They were some good ones and seem to be working so far. I spent the rest of the day at the machine test driving. I still have to organize some things in there but the room I gained was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!