Friday, March 14, 2014

Something Accomplished! Yeah!

I got my Cotton Robin round finished.

Fabric weaving!





 AND.........










I  got a partial portion of my Modern Robin finished.



This is paperpieced  and will continue around the original block.

Is this yours?????????


I am going to link this up with Off the Wall Friday because this is now literally "off my wall" !

I designed both  borders for the respective blocks specifically to enhance the original block.  For the top one, I did fabric weaving and used a fusible to grab it and hold it together.  It lies wonderfully flat!

The bottom one is a series of flying geese designed with a French Curve.  It was frustrating at times because I was not used to geese with the background that often dipped way down into two sections from the section I was working on.  So it was a great learning tool as well.

Chek out what others are doing over at Nina Marie's wonderful blog!




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad things are going smoother for you! I am going to take a half day vacation today so I can get a jump on the weekend on the sewing projects I have to have done by the 35th - yeah the ones I can't post or talk about. The weather is suppose to up to 57 today and decent tomorrow. Tonight I am working at the art museum pouring beer for the Art and Ale event . I don't like beer, but the event is a lot of fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color scheme! Love the variety of weaving patterns.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!