Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Louisiana Traveling Quilt #3


This is the next quilt I am working on for the Louisiana Traveling Quilts.  It is Marie's quilt.  Her block is the upper left.  Marty made the one below that.  And I put together the beauty on the upper right.

As I put the blocks on my design wall, I realized what I SHOULD have done!  Of course hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

I should have sliced the bottom block in half, put it on top and bottom of the original blocks and had center piece for the next person to work on.

Darn.

I still may..but right now this is how it stands.   I could save the block I made for another of the quilts or for a totally different quilt.  I love the block.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think your block, enlarged and as is, would make a totally spectacular quilt! For the quilting, follow the lines of the red all across the quilt, intersecting with a fancy quilted only multi point star in the Upper rt corner! Just might steal this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!