I have expressed my dislike of the too tall blocks of the Lorax quilt so I decided to channel Patty The Quilt Lady and do some of her Improvisational Blocks. I figured that Dr. Seuss is crazy and whacked and if I made blocks that are crazy and whacked! That yells for improvisation!
So I spent the afternoon "boying up" the pastel colors in the book blocks. Oh, No! It necessitated a trip to the quilt store....of course......to snag some purple.
Here is what I ended up with. Two versions. One with sides, one without. For some reason, I am missing a block. there should be 10 and there are only 9. I searched the house. Twice. Nothing. So i took one of the blocks and chopped it in half and made two blocks out of it. I searched again, nothing. All I can think is that McGee has it somewhere, and I hope it is not in his stomach.
After Frank came home, and we fed the dogs, he suggested Dairy Queen. Even though I had leftover Greek Chicken Kabobs, I relented. Since it is always freezing in there,, I picked up my sweatshirt jacket. When I tossed it into the back seat of Frank's car, out floats my errant block.
At least is it not in McGee's tummy! I added it to the top right where there is an open space.
Let me know what you like best. I have an idea what I like.
Oh..there are two or three spaces I still need to fill but I can do that tomorrow. I need to add purple to the center of the quilt so the spaces should be something purple.
right now it is about 45 by 62 but it will shorten a bit when I get the rows sewn together. I have more of every fabric except the purple and the blue dot things from the other quilt.I was thinking of doing a border with the yellow dot things.