Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Louisiana Traveling Quilt - Louisiana Theme

Today I am working on the Louisiana Traveling Quilt whose theme is Louisiana!  I asked Frank what he thought of when he would thing LOUISIANA.

His reply was Mardi Gras, Gumbo, Rice, Sugar Cane, Oil, Swamps and Seafood.


Love it!

All of these things are true.  And all are part of the wonderful fabric that is Louisiana.  I have a strip down the side that can accommodate one or two or all of these things.  Let me see what I can do with a pen and a paperpiecing graph.

You didn't know I was a woman of so many talents, did you?  Yes, I can do the most amazing things!



I actually have two with the theme of Louisiana.  remember I somehow ended up with four of the quilts? 

If you have any suggestions or ideas, let  me know!

glen

2 comments:

  1. Is this like a round robin type of thing? Fun! I like the map

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a college student, I visited my friend going to school in New Orleans twice a year. Two pretty young things running amok in LA?? Fun! Your list is good. Can't wait to see the finished item. I'm thinking about all the mardi gras t shirts I bought. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!